Ontime Delivery Solutions’ general manager, Walter Scremin, takes a look at the Seven Deadly Delivery Fleet Sins...
What are the biggest, most common delivery transport mistakes made by business?
Ontime general manager Walter drew on his 30-plus years in the industry to highlight the most common mistakes in a recent article for My Business.
It’s an important list for any business relying on deliveries, because the last thing you need is a reputation for late or misplaced deliveries.
Walter's Seven Deadly Delivery Fleet Sins are:
1. Not knowing the full costs: How can you make positive changes and improve efficiency if you don’t know what your delivery transport costs?
2. No reliable back-ups available: Many fleets are unable to quickly and professionally replace absent drivers, which results in late and missed deliveries.
3. Using incorrect labels: Incorrectly labelling packages is inexcusable, but it still happens.
4. Using incorrect packaging: This may seem obvious but many deliveries are delayed or damaged by using the wrong packaging.
5. Being unable to inform customers of a delivery’s progress: Technology has made it easy and cost-effective to keep customers informed about their deliveries, yet many still choose to keep their customers in the dark.
6. No proof of delivery: Any sized business can have a reliable proof-of-delivery system due to affordable telematics, thus protecting themselves and assisting with accounts receivable.
7. Going the long way: Not tracking your delivery fleets results in wasted money due to inefficiency, yet it’s now easier than ever to use such information, available via Android smartphones, which start at around $100.
Ontime Delivery Solutions can help your business become more agile. Call us on 1300 808 488 to find out how...